The chart below details the fee structure for preparing a manuscript for publication. The editing process is as follows:
- My initial review of the manuscript. Any corrections or comments will be made using the Track Changes feature in Word.
- Author’s review of changes in collaboration with the principal translator. Author and/or translator may request clarification or explanation of changes.
- My second full review of the manuscript. Valid issues will be addressed and clarification/explanations given.
- Author’s final review of the manuscript in collaboration with the translator to accept/reject changes.
- Third and final review of polished manuscript resulting in copy ready for publication.
|Number of Source Words (i.e.: translated book)||Fees||Upfront fee|
|1 – 5,999||Minimum fee USD 50.00***||—|
|6,000 – 29,999||USD 0.009 / Word***||50 %|
|30,000 – 59,999||USD 0.008 / Word***||50 %|
|60,000 – 99,999||USD 0.007 / Word***||25 %|
|More than 100,000||USD 0.006 / Word***||25 %|
***Extra fee may apply. See Payment with Paypal under Payment Options.
These fees are for proofreading, improvements to diction, sentence structure, flow and clarity. Basically, it is for well-written texts that require minor editing. For translations that will require verifying the original book because meaning is not clear and retranslation is required, an extra fee may apply. This will be informed when the edited sample text is sent.
My preferred method of payment is Payoneer. It saves me a lot of fees to get the money credited in my local currency and it is super easy to use!
For more information about it, read:
Once it is time to send you an invoice, you will receive a payment request by email from Payoneer on my behalf, and it will give you the following payment options depending on your location:
- Credit/Debit Card (MasterCard®, Visa®, American Express®) WORLDWIDE
- ACH bank debit (electronic check) US ONLY
- Direct Bank Payment UK ONLY
- Payoneer Balance (for Payoneer account holders) WORLDWIDE
If the transaction has a fee, select the option to be paid by me.
Ultimately, payment can also be made by PayPal, but it will have a 10% increase to cover all fees involved to get it credited in my local currency.
For projects with a remaining balance of USD500 or more, you may choose to pay in monthly installments.
If you are interested in hiring my services, please fill out the Contact Form. Once we agree on a delivery date, you will receive a copy of the contract by email. Once accepted and signed by both, you will have 72 hours to pay the upfront fee.